- Aquatic Physiotherapy also known as Hydrotherapy uses the properties of water to cater for a range of conditions
- Hydrotherapy is effective for pain management, arthritis, back and neck pain, rehabilitation following orthopaedic surgery including hip and knee replacement surgery, trauma and sports injury. The properties of the water make exercising very versatile. Hydrotherapy can be used to strengthen muscles, promote core stability, mobilise joints, relieve pain, promote relaxation and also provides another avenue for increasing general fitness and balance.
- We run 1:1 sessions locally in Greensborough. These sessions are intensive, and aimed at you becoming safe and independent with your own program, so you can attend the pool when it suits you. Most participants only require 2-3 sessions to establish their program.
- Prior to starting hydrotherapy, a thorough 1:1 assessment will be completed by your Physiotherapist to ensure a suitable program is developed, identifying your goals and requirements. The assessment will be done at our Watsonia facility. Sessions can be booked to fit in with your work and family commitments.
- Costs: Initial assessment – $100.00, Hydrotherapy session – $150.00 (45-60 minute session)
- Please note: There is currently a $5 entry fee for the pool on the day.
- What to bring: A pair of bathers, a water bottle, thongs and a towel.